|Overview||What we offer||Areas supported||Customer groups||Referrals||Facilities|
Havant Community Support Services
Flat 6, 42 Prospect Lane, West Leigh, Havant. PO9 5SZ
Service Type: Floating Support
Havant Community Support Service delivers a range of care and support activities to people with learning disabilities, Austism Spectrum Conditions and other assessed social care needs across Havant, Emsworth and Hayling Island. Support will be delivered in a variety of settings including customer’s accommodation and community settings.
The service provides support between the hours of 7.00 a.m. and 10.00 p.m. and is available to provide care and support to customers seven days a week – 365 days of the year.
What We Offer
- To maintain a tenancy and live independently within the community.
- To deliver person centred support promoting individuals to make informed choices and achieve their aspirations.
- Ensure safety and wellbeing by working closely with partnership agencies & family members.
The areas of support provided but not limited to:
- Daily living skills (cooking / cleaning)
- Personal care
- Budgeting, paying bills and preventing debt
- Applying for welfare benefits such as Housing Benefit, Council tax benefit, Personal Independence Payment
- Education, training, voluntary work & employment
- Health care appointments
- Leisure & culture
- Accessing the community
- Building relationships
- Health, safety & wellbeing
Referrals come from Hampshire County Council via the Learning Disability Accommodation Panel, or from Care Managers within the Learning Disability Teams.
The Learning Disability Accommodation Panel, or the Care Manager, will send referrals electronically (by email) to the Manager. Once received the Manager will arrange a full needs assessment. Needs assessments must be carried out by two Ability employees.
This is a floating support service.